понедельник, 20 октября 2008 г.

ford escape safety results




Every year at the end of the summer I look forward to that time of temperate Autumn weather, the kind where itapos;s no longer hot but not yet cold. And every year without fail Iapos;m always incredibly surprised when I realize that this period doesnapos;t actually exist. It feels like only yesterday I was dragging a dirty old rag against my sun baked brow in between hour long sessions of tilling and plowing the land that was stolen from my forefathers. Now an odious wind blows through my campus and the grass is miserably cemented in frost.

Weight loss goes well, 175 lbs, pretty hardcore. Jogging has become low priority and hard to do because itapos;s so cold. Going to the gym is now the cool thing to do, and the aesthetic results come much quicker are much more noticeable. But the war for my stomach and ass is not yet won, and it may still be months on before Iapos;m in a shape both me and the ladies can agree on. New glasses too Theyapos;re much smaller, and unlike my old glasses I can see through them.

Speaking of ladies, that may be the one area of my life not showing any improvement or sign of changing any time soon. Weight loss is going well, classes are going well, the political climate is shifting in favor of a liberal take over, but it doesnapos;t seem to mean much anymore that I can celebrate small victories all by myself. As an old romantic, this kind of solitude doesnapos;t really do anything for me. I am confidant that eventually I will find someone nice who finds me nice, although I canapos;t say from where or how long away. I wish lonely people walked around with blue "Lapos;s" tied around their necks, maybe I can start a trend.

So I may not go see "The Watchmen" movie anymore. Also? I may not go to see movies anymore. Iapos;ve been thinking a lot about a conversation I had with my roommate Tim, about the film Across The Universe. My argument was that this movie was a lower class of art, produced by a business and targeted toward a market the same way a sports drink or shampoo is. Seeing "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman" movie, and the "V for Vendetta" movie disgusted Alan Moore so much he swore heapos;d never view The Watchmen, as long as he lived. Now without getting� too nerdy Iapos;ll go as far as to say the Watchmen may be the best comic book Iapos;ve ever read (rest assured, dear reader, Iapos;ve read a lot). The movie trailer entices me, and Jeffery Dean Morgan plays The Comedian, I really want to see a film representation of a piece of art I enjoyed so much, but for me that may be as far as it goes.

Too many times Iapos;ve seen corporate Hollywood mentality take a great concept and turn it into depressing shit-fest, in a bid to appeal to the entirety of the movie going public. How phony is a form of art made to satisfy as many people as possible? I wouldnapos;t want to see the Watchmen turned into a gun shot and explosion riddled ultra-violent action movie, like I know would sell so well. There is a problem with translating this kind of media into film and I believe the matter is whom your appealing to. Everyone already liked Harry Potter, that combined with a large amount of creative control from the author has produced films where the film makers are too worried to upset the fan base to fuck it too much. Although, they do cut a lot of stuff out (remember when Ron played Quidditch? David Yates sure doesnapos;t). With the Watchmen movie the true fan base is small and not very powerful, so the movie wonapos;t be made from the same perspective or with same audience in mind as Alan Moore had. At least, I donapos;t have much hope they will.

At the very least I donapos;t think Iapos;ll be paying to see movies at a theater anymore, that only encourages people to make more bad movies. They did to X-Men, they did to Starwars, and they did it The Lord of The Rings; I even hear that there is now a REAL Hollywood Zelda movie being made (AHH). I donapos;t see why I should watch something that will just make me feel bad and want to complain anyway.

Wow this is really long, I wonder if anyone will read the whole thing.
ford escape safety results, ford escape scuff, ford escape seat cover.



Комментариев нет: